Monday, April 23, 2007

The Slagles: 1 BlueCross/BlueShield of WNY: 0

All-

After some wrestling with our insurance provider, BlueCross/BlueShield, we are finally headed to Cleveland tomorrow to get an opinion from an expert cardiologist at the Cleveland Clinic.

The doctor is not sure that he will perform an angiogram. During his initial review of my case, he said that I would be a good candidate for what I believe is the Frontrunner catheter. However, he reviewed my angiogram films today and was not as sure that he would be able to get through the blockage.

All the same, I will be glad to get advice from him. The Cleveland Clinic is reputed to be the #1 heart center in the nation, so if a doctor there tells me to go ahead and live my life with a 100% blockage, I'll feel a little bit better about it.

Our appointment is at 1 PM tomorrow (4/24) afternoon, and if they do go ahead with an angiogram, it will be scheduled for sometime on Wednesday.

Please pray for wisdom for the doctor, patience for us, and safe travel to Cleveland.

Thank you to everyone for their support throughout this process,

Travis & Michelle

2 comments:

S said...

Hey travis and michelle! I'm just wondering how Cleveland went! I hope all is well and that you're doing well! Can't wait to hear what the doc said about travis' ticker! we're praying for you!

Anonymous said...

and if it eases your mind, I think you should go ahead and live with 100% blockage. Go for it, Travis. That's my expert opinion