Friday, February 02, 2007

and the saga continues...

So I thought that I was returning to work yesterday. Rehab had been going smooth, I was exercising for an hour four times per week, life was grand. I was supposed to meet with the doctor on Wednesday and get back to some form of normalcy.

Then I had a stress test last Thursday. (During which I decided to faint while the nurses were installing the IV. Generated entirely too much commotion, I don't recommend it.)

I received a call from my cardiologist on Friday. The front of my heart was not receiving an adequate amount of blood flow, so he wanted another angiogram performed. It was scheduled for yesterday (so much for going back to work).

During the angiogram yesterday it was discovered that one of the arteries which had previously been opened and stented had closed back up. Unfortunately, the doctor was unable to open up the blockage. My heart function is good and it is stable, but I will have to have another angiogram in about a month. And no rehab or work until the next angiogram.

Thank you all for your prayers and concerns during this time. God is taking good care of Michelle and I, partially through the friends that he has placed around us to comfort us.

2 comments:

Miss Alissa said...

I love you, I love you, I love you! I continue to go to the Father on the behalf of you both!!

Dallas Lange said...

I hadn't read your blog in awhile...crazy past few months eh? I can't believe that Travis had a heart attach so young. Very grateful to hear you are doing better and God is shaping you through all of this!
-K